Creating Solutions through User Experience Design
I am a Senior UX Designer who inspire, lead and work well with cross-functional teams for over 18+ years designing web-based interfaces, focus on human-computer interaction (HCI), Information Architect, storyboard, wireframes, prototypes, User flows, Usability Testing, and strong visual skills, proficiency in Adobe Creative. Solid-experience with multi-disciplined UX team in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment. Since 2015, I am Digital Anthropologist as well, combining User culture, behaviours of impact of digital technologies. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines using Agile Method, passion for iteration and innovation solutions. I am Part time Professor at Conestoga College teaching User Experience Design, User Interface Design, User Experience Evaluations and Computer Applications for Mobile Development Solutions Program.
UX design is my main area of expertise, but my introduction to the visual world was through Visual Design Program at Fine Arts School followed the Computer Science Program at University. As a lover of technology and people, I enjoy build design products and Online Solutions, especially human-computer interaction. My specific UX skills are outlined below:
User Experience Design Process of Eciane
1. Understanding the Project’s Concept. The strategy underpinning a UX project will shape the goals of the project. In this step, it's important to understand the whole process, if the project doesn't have a complete the workflow based in a concept, I am able to create it using Design Sprint, this is five-days process for answering critical business questions through design, prototyping, and testing ideas, mostly with users. In addition, I manage my tasks using Agile software Method Scrum and Kanban.
2. Brainstorming & Sketching. From the first meeting, I do sketch wireframes using by my hands, user flows diagram using by my hands, after I continue using Axure to build simple or rich prototypes with dynamic content, conditional flow, animations, and data-driven interactions.
3. Prototyping. It reveals areas that need improvement before the final product, It consists Images, videos, taxonomy of information, forms, site map, Navigation and performance’s evaluation in different platforms of devices. In this stage I can make it from low fidelity to high-fidelity seeing all these elements in real performance using Axure or Balsamiq with HTML, CSS.
4. Usability Testing. Knowing ‘Why’ Before ‘How’. I apply this practice with users using verbal response, multiple choice, rating scale and written response in some step of the process, because my goal is to better understand how real users interact with your product and to improve the product based on the results. Besides the concepts of UX, I included Anthropology studies knowing more about cultures and behaviours’ users, because the primary purpose of this step is to accomplish needs and goals, with a product under controlled conditions for the next scopes.
5. Interface Design. I follow that Google says “Focus on the user and all else will follow.", with this in mind, I seek to design experiences that inspire and enlighten every users.
“When I think about someone who is able to combine both arts and technology with perfection and focus, Eciane's name comes to my mind .”