Creating Solutions through Ul/UX Design
I am passionate about my mission to change the online world a better place. I am Professor at Conestoga College in Kitchener/Waterloo. Solid experience in IT Companies working with human-computer interaction (HCI) over 15 years designing web-based interfaces, strong visual skills, Information Architect, usability testing, Storyboard, Wireframes and Prototypes, User flows, proficiency in Adobe Creative. Since 2015 I included Anthropological studies in UX, combining ethnographic reflectivity and depth with a design-problem solving vocation. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently and with a team.
Although UX design has become my main area of expertise. My introduction to the visual world was through Visual Design Program at Fine Arts School followed the Computer Science Program at University, through this way I find myself as entrepreneur and instructor doing my best in each project. As a lover of technology and people, I enjoy build design products and Online Solutions, especially human-computer interaction. My specific UX skills are outlined below:
1. Understanding the Project’s Concept. The strategy underpinning a UX project will shape the goals of the project. In this step, it's important to understand the whole process, if the project doesn't have a complete the workflow based in a concept, I am able to create it using Design Sprint, this is five-days process for answering critical business questions through design, prototyping, and testing ideas, mostly with users. In addition, I manage my tasks using Agile software Method Scrum and Kanban.
2. Brainstorming & Sketching. From the first meeting, I do sketch wireframes using by my hands, user flows diagram using by my hands, after I continue using Axure to build simple or rich prototypes with dynamic content, conditional flow, animations, and data-driven interactions.
3. Prototyping. It reveals areas that need improvement before the final product, It consists Images, videos, taxonomy of information, forms, site map, Navigation and performance’s evaluation in different platforms of devices. In this stage I can make it from low fidelity to high-fidelity seeing all these elements in real performance using Axure or Balsamiq with HTML, CSS.
4. Usability Testing. Knowing ‘Why’ Before ‘How’. I apply this practice with users using verbal response, multiple choice, rating scale and written response in some step of the process, because my goal is to better understand how real users interact with your product and to improve the product based on the results. Besides the concepts of UX, I included Anthropology studies knowing more about cultures and behaviours’ users, because the primary purpose of this step is to accomplish needs and goals, with a product under controlled conditions for the next scopes.
5. Interface Design. I follow that Google says “Focus on the user and all else will follow.", with this in mind, I seek to design experiences that inspire and enlighten every users.
“When I think about someone who is able to combine both arts and technology with perfection and focus, Eciane's name comes to my mind .”